Just like Mom used to make…
- 1 – cups of uncooked white rice
- 1 – pound of fresh Italian sausage (remove from the casings)
- 1 – tablespoon of olive oil
- 1½ – cup of onion (chopped)
- 1 – teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1½ – cups of fresh, ripe tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ – cup ofParmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 – cup of Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 – 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 4 – green bell peppers
/?php comments_template(); ?>
Traditional family pork recipe seasoned with fresh blend of natural ingredients.
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package and set aside.
- In a medium-sized frying pan cook the sausage in the olive oil, onion and garlic salt over medium-high heat for eight to ten minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to crumble the sausage.
- Add the sausage and onion to the rice along with the tomatoes, Parmesan or Romano cheese, Mozzarella cheese and one cup of the tomato sauce.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Fill the peppers with the rice mixture and place in a baking dish.
- Spoon the remaining tomato sauce over the tops of the peppers.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake at 350 degrees for forty-five minutes.
- Serve hot.