Savory Southwestern Sausage
Serve this to the family once, and it’ll become a regular favorite!
Everything You Will Need:
- 1 pound of fresh turkey or chicken Italian sausagelinks
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of fresh, ripe tomatoes (peeled, seeded, & chopped)
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 6 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 ounces of Monterey jack cheese (grated)
- 2 1/2 ounces of cheddar cheese (grated)
- Mix the Monterey jack and cheddar cheeses together in a bowl.
/?php comments_template(); ?>
- In a large frying pan, cook the sausage in the butter over medium heat for eight to ten minutes, turning a couple of times.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Sprinkle on the tomatoes, green onion and cilantro.
- Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Cover and let it simmer for ten minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Cover again and continue to simmer for another three to five minutes.
- Have the tortillas warmed and ready.
- Place a sausage in a tortilla.
- Spoon on some of the mixture and sprinkle on some of the grated cheese.
- Fold in three sides of the tortilla, bottom first, to hold in the juices, much like a burrito and serve.
- Serve this dish with sliced avocado, sour cream, fresh salsa, and a couple of lime wedges.