This dish, originally known as “Steak Sinatra”, was the creation of a restaurant in Palm Springs, California. As its popularity grew, it was adapted by other restaurants from California to Alaska using sausage. This is California cuisine at its best!
- 1 – pound of fresh Italian sausage links
- 2 – tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ – medium green (bell) pepper (sliced lengthwise)
- ½ – medium red bell pepper (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 – medium onion (sliced)
- 6 – ounces of fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- ¼ – cup of red wine
- – salt
- – freshly ground black pepper
/?php comments_template(); ?>
Traditional family pork recipe seasoned with fresh blend of natural ingredients.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausages in one-half of the olive oil for five minutes over medium-high heat, turning once only.
- Mix in the bell peppers, onion and the rest of the olive oil.
- Continue to cook for about another five minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for five minutes more.
- Mix in the mushrooms and red wine.
- Cover, raise the heat to medium-high, and cook for ten minutes.
- Still covered, increase the heat to high for another minute or two.
- Place a sausage on a plate and serve with the bell pepper, onion and mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
- (Delicious with Saffron rice or Creamy Smooth Polenta.)