Sausage & Onion Alfredo
Inspired by a recipe from the famous Roman restaurant, Alfredo’s. Serve this one for a special occasion!
Everything You Will Need:
- 1 pound of fresh Italian sausage links
- 1 large onion (finely sliced)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 2/3 cup of white wine (chardonnay)
- 1-1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 pound of pasta (Radiatore is the one here)
- 2/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Salt & pepper
/?php comments_template(); ?>
- Broil the sausage for eight to ten minutes, turning once only.
- Remove the sausages from the broiler and cut into one-fourth to one-half inch, bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- To make sure your sauce and pasta are timed correctly, bring a pot of water to a boil now. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- In a large frying pan or electric skillet, cook the onion in the butter over medium to medium-low heat for fifteen minutes, being careful not to burn the butter.
- Add in the sausage and the wine.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and let simmer for eight to ten minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Stir in the cream and the nutmeg and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for ten more minutes, or until pasta is ready.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and return back to the pot.
- Add the sauce and the grated cheese. Gently mix together until the pasta is well coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.