Papa’s Penne Pasta Puttanesca
This fare was made famous in Italy, being served up by “ladies of the night” to their patrons! Here’s our spiced up version using hot Italian sausage!
- 1 – pound of fresh hot Italian sausage links
- ¼ – cup of olive oil
- 2 – tablespoons of butter
- 1 – tablespoon of crushed or chopped garlic
- 1½ – cups of onion (chopped)
- 2 – cups of fresh, ripe tomatoes (peeled, seeded & chopped)
- ¼ – teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 3 – tablespoons of fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 – cup black olives (pitted & sliced)
- 2½ – tablespoons of capers
- 1 – pound of pasta (Penne, of course!)
- – salt and freshly ground black pepper
- – Parmesan or Romano cheese (grated)
/?php comments_template(); ?>
Traditional family pork recipe seasoned with fresh blend of natural ingredients.
- Broil the sausage for about eight to ten minutes, turning once only.
- Remove sausages from broiler, and cut them into one-quarter to one-half inch, bite-sized pieces.
(To make sure your sauce and pasta are timed correctly, bring a pot of water to a boil now, and about fifteen minutes before finishing this recipe, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.)
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil, butter, and garlic.
- When the butter has melted, add the onion, and cook for about ten minutes over medium heat.
- Add in the sausage, tomatoes, the red pepper, and simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the basil, and continue to simmer for five minutes more.
- Add in the black olives and capers.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about another five minutes, or until the pasta is ready.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and return back to the pot.
- Add the sauce and gently mix together until the pasta is well coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and top with cheese.