New Orleans Style Olive Salad
Everything You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup of Italian style olives (pitted)
- 1 1/4 cup of green olives (pitted)
- 1 1/2 cup of black olives (pitted)
- 1/2 cup of pimento (chopped)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of capers
- 2/3 cup of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of crushed or chopped garlic
/?php comments_template(); ?>
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Put the olives, pimento, capers, parsley, oregano, black pepper, and garlic in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place the olive salad into a one quart glass Mason jar.
- Add the olive oil.
- Put the lid on the jar and let stand over night.
- (This is the key ingredient to the New Orleans Style Muffaletta Sandwich, the French Quarter Pasta Salad found on page 58, and the Mardi Gras Small Dinner Salad, found on page 101.)
- (You’ll get an ample batch from this recipe with some left over, which won’t last long…Enjoy!)