Italian Sausage And Potatoes
A great lunchtime or dinner meal; simple to make, and great tasting too!
Everything You Will Need:
- 1 pound fresh Italian sausage links
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 potatoes (peeled & sliced thinly into rounds)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 2 green (bell) peppers (seeded & sliced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of crushed or chopped garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
/?php comments_template(); ?>
- Broil the sausage for about six to eight minutes, turning once only.
- Cut the sausage into one-fourth to one-half inch bite-sized pieces.
- Cover the bottom of a large electric skillet or frying pan with the olive oil.
- Fry the potatoes for about ten to twelve minutes over medium-high heat, turning frequently with a spatula.
- Add the sausage, onion, bell pepper, oregano, basil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste, to the potatoes.
- Cook over medium heat, covered, for almost twenty minutes or until the potatoes are tender, turning occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- A wonderful compliment to this dish is the Tomato And Onion Salad.