Fresh Tomato & Carrot Sauce
A pasta dish you can’t refuse!
Everything You Will Need:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of fresh Italian sausage (removed from the casings)
- 1 1/4 cups of onion (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of crushed or chopped garlic
- 1 cup of white wine
- 2 cups of fresh, ripe tomatoes (peeled, seeded & chopped)
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of carrots (coarsely grated)
- 1/3 cup of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 pound pasta (Rotelle or Gemelli for this one)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan or Romano cheese (grated)
/?php comments_template(); ?>
- Heat the butter and the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the sausage, onion, and garlic.
- To make sure your sauce and pasta are timed correctly, begin to bring a pot of water to a boil now. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Cook the sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat for five or six minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to crumble the sausage.
- Add the wine.
- Raise the heat and simmer for five or six more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Continue to cook for six or seven more minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots and parsley.
- Cook for five or six minutes more, or until the carrots are tender.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and return back to the pot.
- Add the sauce and gently mix together until the pasta is well coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and top with grated cheese.