Creamy Pasta With Eggs, Sausage & Leeks
A fabulous dish with a subtle touch of style.
Everything You Will Need:
- 1 pound of pasta (Gemelli or Fusilli go well with this)
- 4 cups of leeks (cleaned and thinly sliced)
- 1 pound of fresh Italian sausage (removed from the casings)
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese (grated)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley (chopped)
/?php comments_template(); ?>
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package, drain thoroughly in a colander, and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook the sausage in one-half of the butter over medium heat for about five or six minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to crumble the sausage being careful to not crumble the sausage too finely.
- Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the leeks and the remaining butter. Continue to cook for another five minutes.
- Beat the eggs, cream, and one-half cup of the grated cheese in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the sausage and leeks.
- Add in the eggs, cream and cheese.
- Raise the heat to high and stir the mixture constantly for a couple of minutes until the eggs are done .
- Add the parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Give the mix another stir.
- Top with the remaining grated cheese.
- Serve hot.