Wilted Spinach & Sausage Salad
A wonderful salad creation! It doesn’t get any better than this!
Everything You Will Need:
- 1 pound of fresh spinach (net weight, after removing the stems)
- 1/2 cup of green onion (sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound of fresh Italian sausage (removed from the casings)
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 1/4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 hard boiled eggs (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- Parmesan or Romano cheese (grated)
/?php comments_template(); ?>
- Wash the spinach leaves thoroughly, and pat dry on paper towels.
- Tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Add the green onion and ground black pepper.
- Toss the salad and chill it.
- Just before serving the salad, in a medium-sized frying pan, cook the sausage in the olive oil over medium heat for twelve to fourteen minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to crumble the sausage, being careful not to crumble the sausage too finely.
- Add the vinegar, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Stir all of the ingredients together while simmering for another minute or two.
- Slowly mix in the hot sausage dressing to the spinach.
- Toss until the leaves are well coated and slightly wilted.
- Add the chopped egg to the salad and toss again.
- Top with the cheese.
- Serve immediately while sausage is warm.