Turkey Italian Sausage Soup With Wild Rice & Mushrooms
This is a great, hearty soup that everyone will enjoy!
Everything You Will Need:
- 1 pound fresh turkey Italian Sausage (removed from casings)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of fresh broccoli (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of leeks (diced)
- 1/2 cup of fresh, ripe tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of fresh carrots (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of fresh celery (chopped)
- 1 pound of mushrooms (chopped)
- 2/3 cup of wild rice
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil (chopped)
- Freshly ground black pepper
/?php comments_template(); ?>
- In a large stock pot, cook the sausage in the olive oil and the butter over medium heat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to crumble the sausage.
- Add in the chicken broth, broccoli, leeks, tomatoes, carrots, celery and mushrooms, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and let simmer for one hour.
- Put the wild rice in a small pot with four cups of water and a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and let simmer for thirty minutes, uncovered.
- Turn off heat, cover and let stand for another thirty minutes.
- Drain the rice and add it to the soup along with the oregano, basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the soup for one hour more.
- Serve hot.