Mouth watering appetizers that will make you the favorite person on the block!
- ½ – pound of fresh Italian sausage (removed from the casings)
- 1¼ – cups of onion (finely chopped)
- 1 – tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 – tablespoons of green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 – pound of fresh mushrooms (medium-sized) (save the caps, remove the stems & chop them finely)
- 1 – teaspoon of salt – freshly ground black pepper
- 1 – 3 ounce package of cream cheese
- 2 – tablespoons of butter (melted)
- ¼ – cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs – fresh parsley (for garnish)
/?php comments_template(); ?>
Traditional family pork recipe seasoned with fresh blend of natural ingredients.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion in the olive oil over medium heat for five to six minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Add chopped onion, bell pepper, mushroom stems, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Continue to cook the mixture for six or seven more minutes or until the onion and bell pepper are tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir the cream cheese into the mixture.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the sausage mixture. (approximately one teaspoon each)
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the butter and the breadcrumbs. (Use a teaspoon, if necessary, to help keep the mixture from falling out of the mushroom cap as you turn it over into the breadcrumbs.)
- Press the stuffed mushroom caps firmly into the buttered breadcrumbs.
- Put two tablespoons of water into a nine inch by thirteen inch glass baking dish.
- Place the mushroom caps in the dish, breaded sides up.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for twenty to twenty-five minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are browned.
- Sprinkle on fresh parsley and serve.