Sicilian Sausage Soup
It’s simply delicious!
Everything You Will Need:
- 1 pound of fresh Italian sausage (removed from casings)
- 11/2 cups of onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 12 ounce can of diced tomatoes (in juice)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 cup of elbow macaroni
/?php comments_template(); ?>
- In a four to six quart stock pot, cook the sausage and the onion in the olive oil over medium heat for about ten minutes or until the onion turns transparent, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to crumble the sausage.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, the basil, and bring to a boil.
- Add the macaroni, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for twenty-five minutes, partially covered, until the macaroni is tender.