Sausage & Three Cheese Crostini
A real treat for the taste buds!
Everything You Will Need:
- 1/2 pound fresh Italian Sausage (removed from casings)
- 1/2 cup of onion (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of crushed or chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of Ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of Provolone cheese
- 1 cup of fresh, ripe tomatoes (peeled, seeded and chopped )
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 18 slices of baguette-style bread (cut 1/2 inch slices)
/?php comments_template(); ?>
Traditional family pork recipe seasoned with fresh blend of natural ingredients.
- In a medium-sized skillet, cook the sausage, onion, and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat for six to eight minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to crumble the sausage.
- Remove the mixture and place in a medium-sized bowl. Do not drain.
- Add in the Ricotta cheese, one-half of the Parmesan cheese, the Provolone cheese, the tomatoes, basil, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste and mix together.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the rack six to eight inches from the heat source.
- Put one tablespoon of the mixture onto each of the bread slices and sprinkle the tops with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Place on a cookie sheet and broil for about five to six minutes (be careful not to burn).
- Serve hot.