New Orleans Style Sausage Muffaletta Sandwich
Here’s a sandwich made famous in New Orleans, distinguished by its unique olive salad, and usually stuffed into round Italian bread loaves. We added broiled Italian sausage. What an inspiration!
Everything You Will Need:
- 1 pound of fresh Italian sausage links
- 1 large loaf of Italian or French bread
- 4 slices of Provolone cheese
- 8 thin slices of Italian salami
- 1-1/2 cup of New Orleans style olive salad
/?php comments_template(); ?>
Traditional family pork recipe seasoned with fresh blend of natural ingredients.
- Broil or bake the sausage.
- When the sausage is done, cut each sausage in half lengthwise.
- Cut off the ends of the loaf of bread, and cut the remaining bread into four pieces, measuring about three and one-half by five inches each.
- Cut each piece of bread in half.
- From the top half of each piece remove a small amount of bread from the center.
- On the bottom piece of each piece of bread, spoon on one tablespoon of the New Orleans style olive salad.
- Now it’s time to assemble the sandwiches:
Put the sausage slices on the bottom pieces of bread.
- Add a slice of cheese on top.
- Add two slices of salami on top of the cheese.
- Spoon on one heaping mound of the olive salad.
- Place the top piece of each square on its matching bottom half, and press down (hold on and don’t let go!).