Meat Ball Soup
U gonna lova this!
Everything You Will Need:
- 1/4 pound of fresh Italian sausage (removed from casings)
- 1/4 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 4 teaspoons of crumbled bread
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed or chopped garlic
- 7 1/2 cups of beef broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound of pasta (Bows or Butterflies – your choice!)
/?php comments_template(); ?>
- Mix the sausage, ground beef, egg, Parmesan cheese, crumbled bread, parsley, the garlic, and salt and pepper in a bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Break off small pieces of the meat mixture and roll them into small, bite-sized balls (about one inch to one and one-quarter inch in diameter).
- In a medium sized stock pot, bring the beef broth to a boil.
- Add the meatballs and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the noodles and cook for about thirteen to fifteen minutes. until the pasta is done.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, and top generously with more freshly grated cheese.
- (This recipe makes about thirty-two small meatballs for the soup, or about eight LARGE meatballs which are great with spaghetti or for sandwiches. For the large meatballs, use the same recipe, preheat the broiler and broil for ten to twelve minutes, turning a couple of times. )