This will probably be the best tasting lasagne you’ll ever have. Enjoy!
Everything You Will Need:
- 1/2 pound of lasagne noodles
- 1 pound of fresh Italian sausage (removed from the casings)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 5ounces of Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 3 1/4 cups of Caryn’s Special Sunday Sauce
- 2 1/4 cups of Mornay Sauce
/?php comments_template(); ?>
- Prepare the lasagne noodles according to the directions on the package.
- In a medium-sized frying pan, cook the sausage in the butter over medium heat for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to crumble the sausage.
- Remove the sausage from the heat, drain off any liquid, and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the sausage with the Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and salt and pepper.
- Baste the bottom of a nine by thirteen inch glass baking dish with one-half cup of Caryn’s Special Sunday sauce.
- Spread a thin layer of the filling on the noodles.
- Roll the noodles and place them in the dish, seam side down.
- Pour the Mornay sauce evenly over the top of the lasagne rolls.
- Pour two cups of Caryn’s Special Sunday sauce evenly over the top of lasagne rolls.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the rolls for forty minutes.
- Serve hot with the remaining sauce on the side.