Eggs In The Hole
Here’s our Italian version of Eggs Benedict. It’s dynamite!
- 1 – link of fresh Italian sausage
- ¼ – cup of Italian spaghetti sauce (Caryn’s Sunday sauce is perfect for this!)
- 1 – tablespoon of butter
- 2 – slices of French or Italian bread(use a 3/8 inch thick slice from a 4¼ inch wide loaf. Cut a hole about 2½ inches in diameter in the center of each slice).
- 2 – large eggs
- 1 – tablespoon of Parmesan or Romano cheese (grated)
/?php comments_template(); ?>
Traditional family pork recipe seasoned with fresh blend of natural ingredients.
- Pan fry or broil the sausage.
- Heat the Italian spaghetti sauce, then reduce heat and cover to keep warm until serving.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Put the bread in the pan, let it soak up some of the melted butter and turn it over.
- Crack the eggs carefully into the hole in the center of the bread.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and cook for about two minutes.
- Flip the bread and eggs over with a spatula.
- Cook the second side about one minute.
- Place the eggs and sausage on a plate, and ladle the spaghetti sauce over the eggs.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top of the sauce and serve hot.