Delicious On Thanksgiving Or Any Special Occasion. This pork chorizo stuffing is a company favorite. Developed by our team with a lot influence from our Spanish and Mexican crew.
Everything you Will Need To Stuff A 12 lb. Bird, And Plenty Extra For The Family:
- 2 lbs Papa Cantella’s Pork Chorizo
- 1 (12oz) box of your favorite Stuffing Mix
- 1 1/2 cups of yellow onions chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of red bell peppers diced
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 Poblano chiles diced
- 2 tablespoons ⅛” chopped jalapenos
- 1 cup of sweet whole kernel canned corn drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 stick butter (not needed if cooking inside the turkey)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and stir occasionally with a wooden spoon to crumble the sausage cook for about 5 minutes. Add onions, celery, red bell peppers, poblano chilies and jalapeno peppers. Sauté until ingredients are soft, about 10 minutes. Transfer sausage mixture to a large bowl and then add stuffing mix, toss to blend well, mix in canned corn and poultry seasoning, then chicken broth. If desired season with salt and pepper.
To bake stuffing in dish:
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish then add stuffing mixture to the dish and cover with foil. Bake until heated through, about 40 minutes. Uncover and bake until the top is slightly crisp and golden about 20 minutes longer.
To bake stuffing in the bird:
Just before cooking the turkey, stuff the body and neck cavity, leaving a little room for expansion. Skewer or sew the openings. Cook the turkey according to instructions on the turkey packaging, our use your favorite recipe.